Skip to content
ACBL’s Daily River Conditions
Updated Tuesday, June 22, 2021
Today’s Key Issues
- Meldahl Locks and Dam (OR 436) – Main chamber repairs will begin 5/17 and run through 6/29. Will use the Auxiliary chamber. Expect intermittent full closures TBA.
- Cheatham Locks and Dam Full Closure (CR 149) – Full closure for repairs will run through 7/15 with intermittent openings to clear the queue. Next 3 day opening to run traffic through the lock will be 6-25-21 to 6-28-21.
- Tenn-Tom Lock Reopened– A barge allision with the spillway is drove closure to Tom Bevil lock (TT 307) 6/12 – 6/19. This closure blocked access from Mobile to the Tennessee just below Columbus, MS.
- Warrior-Tom Closure for Lock Repairs – Maintenance will close the Warrior-Tom at Bankhead and Oliver Locks 6/24 through 7/23. This is a full 30-day closure which will cut-off access to Birmingham and Tuscaloosa.
- Gulf and Canals Weather Update – Storms expected across the region following Tropical Storm Claudette which primarily impacted Alabama and the Mobile area for Industry. Expect delays to transit on the canals through the end of the week.
River Closure & Restricted Movements