Skip to content
ACBL’s Daily River Conditions
Friday, June 2nd, 2023
- 2023 Illinois River 120-Day Closure – ACBL has now cleared out all equipment Marseilles north and will not return running the area until the 120-day closure has come to an end. As the reopening gets closer ACBL will provide updates on the plans to redeliver in the area.
- Lower Miss Revetment (LM 933) – Daily Closure to southbound traffic began May 13th with closures from 07:00 until 18:00; expected to last 60 days and to delay transit by 12-to-18 hours.
- Bayou Sorrel Lock Closure (PA 37) – Daily closures are expected to resume June 6th to facilitate guide wall repairs from 07:00 to 16:00. More details regarding completion are to be determined.
- Morgan City Bridge Repair (PA 1) – The channel is expected to be periodically closed to vessel traffic from July 17th through August 14th. These daily closures are expected to last from 07:00 until 19:00 and for no more than 14 total days. More details to come as we approach the projected start date.
- Industrial Lock Congestion (EC 0) – Due to increased industry traffic, lockage at Industrial Lock is delaying boats 1-2 days. Expected to continue going forward due to volumes in the Michoud area and greater East Canal.
- Colorado Lock Closure (WC 440) – Work at the lock resumed December 5th, 2022, and is projected thru June 23rd, 2023, from 07:00 to 19:00. Currently experiencing 12 hours of delay with one boat in queue.
River Closure & Restricted Movements