Skip to content
ACBL’s Daily River Conditions
Updated Friday, October 15, 2021
Today’s Key Issues
- JUST IN …… Olmsted Locks and Dam (OR 965) – Ohio River at Olmsted will be CLOSED from 1700 today, October 15 to 1200 on October 16 for dredging.
- Revised Upper Miss Closeout Dates – ACBL’s closeout dates departing the Upper Miss have pulled forward due to lock closures. Please review here.
- West Canal Closure MM 20 – The West Canal remains closed west of Algiers due to heavy shoaling following Hurricane IDA. Dredging operations are underway and expected completion is 10/31. NOLA to Houston has re-routed through the Port Allen Route. Expect the additional transit time and delays on the Port Allen to increase transit by 2-days in either direction.
- Wilson Lock (TR 259) – the MAIN Chamber is NOW OPEN on a limited basis …. they will lock southbound during the daylight and northbound during the night. Auxiliary Chamber used throughout. Lockages at Wilson Lock will stop when flows reach 275,000 cfs or spillway gates 1-26 adjacent to the lock are in operation. Main Chamber closed from 10-26-21 thru 11-11-21 for repairs. Auxiliary Chamber used during repairs.
- Kentucky Lock ( TR22.3) – Kentucky Lock will be closed from 0600 hours on 11-1-21 to 1800 hours 11-24-21 and again from 0600 hours 11-29-21 to 1800 hours on 12-10-21 to make needed repairs to the miter gate operating machinery. During this closure the lock will reopen for 4 consecutive days, 24 November through 29 November, to alleviate traffic. During the periods of closure, Barkley Lock and Dam (Mile30.6 Cumberland River) via the Barkley Canal will be available to pass traffic.
River Closure & Restricted Movements