Skip to content
- Olmsted Locks and Dam (OR 965) – Ohio River at Olmsted will be CLOSED from 1700 today, October 15 to 1200 on October 16 for dredging.
- Olmsted Locks and Dam (OR 965) – Wickets raised as of 9-29-21 and navigation traffic will transition to the Lock Chambers. Industry is catching some delays at Olmsted due to mitre gate arm replacement. In the last 24 hours there were 23 tows that arrived and we passed 25 tows that averaged 7.24 hours of delay. There are currently 7 tows waiting that have averaged 2.79 hours of delay.
- Pickwick Locks and Dam (TR 207) -Main Chamber closed to traffic effective immediately due to a loose quoin bearing block(s) on the upper gate of the Main Lock. The Auxiliary Lock, 110’ x 600’, will be available to pass traffic at this project. Delays have been a minimal as of 10-15-21.
- Braddock Locks and Dam (MR 11) – Primary Chamber CLOSED for repairs from 9/13 – 10/15 …. Auxiliary Chamber used during this repair period. Minor delays expected.
- Kentucky Lock ( TR22.3) – Kentucky Lock closed from 0600 hours 1 November to 1800 hours 24 November and again 0600 hours 29 November to 1800 hours 10 December to make needed repairs to the miter gate operating machinery. During this closure the lock will reopen for 4 consecutive days, 24 November through 29 November, to alleviate traffic. During the periods of closure, Barkley Lock and Dam (Mile30.6 Cumberland River) via the Barkley Canal will be available to pass traffic.
- Wilson Lock (TR 259) – the MAIN Chamber is NOW OPEN on a limited basis …. they will lock southbound during the daylight and northbound during the night. Auxiliary Chamber used throughout. Lockages at Wilson Lock will stop when flows reach 275,000 cfs or spillway gates 1-26 adjacent to the lock are in operation. Main Chamber closed from 10-26-21 thru 11-11-21 for repairs. Auxiliary Chamber used during repairs.
- Lock 6 on the Allegheny River (AR 36) – still CLOSED as of 8-30-21 for repairs until further notice. Updates to come.
- Mel Price Main Chamber Closure – Main Chamber closed Dec 2022- Mar 2023 for Liftgate Replacement and Lock Dewatering.
- Starved Rock, Marseilles, Dresden Island, Brandon Rock Lock Closure 2023 – All 4 Locks will have a full closure June Thru September 2023 for repairs.
- Brandon Road Lock Restriction and Closure – March 1 through June 30. Up to 120 days, starting with daytime closures, with a 70’ width restriction when lock is open, 21 day full closure at the end
Lower Miss/Gulf/Canals/Tenn Tom
- Port Allen Lock – Delays still continue to build at Port Allen lock. Delay Report 10-15-21: In the last 24 hours there were 29 tows that arrived and we passed 31 tows that averaged 30.51 hours of delay. There are currently 42 tows waiting that have averaged 27.15 hours of delay. Since September 15th, we have passed 795 tows that have averaged 33.20 total hours of delay.
- West Canal Closure MM 20 – The West Canal remains closed west of Algiers due to heavy shoaling following Hurricane IDA. Dredging operations are underway and expected completion is 10/31. NOLA to Houston has re-routed through the Port Allen Route. Expect the additional transit time and delays on the Port Allen to increase transit by 2-days in either direction.
- Arkansas Lock Closure – Webbers Falls Lock (MM 366.6) will close 11/3 through 11/4 and 11/10 through 11/11 for repairs and upgrades. Expect delays on the upper end of the Ark during this time.
- Colorado River Lock Closure – Colorado River Lock (WC441.50) will closed Oct 4 Thru November 1. Work will not occur on Weekends nor Holidays. J&S Contractors will be marking repairs to the guide walls of both the East and West Locks. This work will require closure of the locks during the designated periods of works.
- Algiers Lock Restrictions – Until further notice, tows over 60′ wide restricted to 600′ total length, and tows less than 60′ wide restricted to 700′ total length. Two 30K barges or Four regulation barges able to lock through in one go, but greater configurations require assistance.
- Belle Chasse Bridge Construction (WC 3)– LADOT will begin construction activities 8/2 for the removal and replacement of the drawbridge at MM 3 behind Algiers Lock. Transit will see minimal delay during work, aside for intermittent 12-hr closures for work. USACE will keep industry informed of these closures as work progresses, expected throughout 2022. Expect delays to correlate between the intermittent closures and traffic at Algiers during this project.
- Bayou Chene Closure – Due to floodgate construction, expect nightly closures (1900 – 0700) and assist vessel requirement transiting Bayou Chene. May drive delays to transit of the West Canal through the Morgan City area of 6-12 hrs.