Safety & Sustainability
Safety Is Our Priority
At ACBL, the safety of our team, the marine environment, and our customers' cargoes is our operating priority.
We are proud to provide a safer course for our customers. Barges are the safest form of transportaton, with fewer spills and injuries than railroads or trucks and ACBL is an industry leader in safety performance. In 2016, ACBL boats were recognized by the Chamber of Shipping of America with the prestigious Jones F. Devlin Award for Safety.
Not content to merely meet our customers' vetting requirements, ACBL is committed to exceeding them. Our Marine Assurance and Vetting team is focused on third-party vetting of vendors and works directly with the marine assurance teams of our customers.
ACBL partners with and participates in industry and government programs that foster continuous improvement in safety performance with expanded resources, standardized measurements, reporting requirements, and proven management systems.
- Member of the American Chemistry Council's Responsible Care Partnership Program
- Certified by the American Waterways Operators' Responsible Carrier Program
- Partnership wtih the U.S. Coast Guard
- Enrollment in the Coast Guard's Tank Barge Streamlined Inspection Program
- Host of a bridging program to educate Coast Guard members on the inland barge transportation industry
- Implementation of Crew Endurance Management